Business Connect roadmap
This roadmap takes us through to October 2023 and will be updated as we find new opportunities.
You’ll find the work is grouped under the Business Connect goal it supports.
This roadmap was updated in July following our quarterly planning.
Goal: Reduce the time it takes for a business to complete what they came to do
- Automated data reuse to make it easy for business users to save time.
- Improving accessibility of Business Connect platform.
- New onboarding flow for business users to ensure one account per person and that all transactions for an individual can be found easily.
- Filtering function now available on dashboard to help businesses find applicable services.
- Admin portal enhancements to reporting, work queues and notifications for quicker processing.
Working on now
- Know more about our customers' experience and service performance through deep analytics and user testing.
- Further improvements to accessibility and mobile.
- Director verification is a feature that allows directors to confirm their role using their online banking details against their record on the Companies Register.
- Greater control for business users over personal settings around their data, privacy and notifications.
- Implement user testing on live services to ensure continuous improvement.
- Give business users the functions and content they need from a dashboard.
- Consider other mechanisms besides NZBN authority and online banking to qualify business owners for an overview of all transactions for their business.
- Validating a business is still operating before sending reminders and notifications.
- Allowing businesses to duplicate an existing case and reuse that data for a new application.
Goal: More businesses using Business Connect
- Registration of a trade mark with the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand.
- Online marketing campaign to promote FormBuilder.govt tool to central government audience.
- Tasman District Council food business registration, alcohol licensing, change of duty manager and trade waste.
- Transport Operators for Customs.
- Active Investor Plus for New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE).
Working on now
- Company liquidation with Insolvency services with Insolvency and Trustee Services.
- Continued online marketing using case studies to promote Business Connect.
- Product Recall service for Consumer Protection.
- Services for Trading Standards NZ.
- Business Payment Practices with Companies Office.
- Creating great guidance and guardrails for builders using FormBuilder.govt.
- Onboarding first councils to a FormBuilder service.
- Running a private beta for FormBuilder.govt with a small group of builders from across government.
- Recreating alcohol licensing and food business registration using FormBuilder.govt.
- Extending trading hours for the Rugby World Cup.
- Working with the maritime border agencies.
- Delivering services for Auckland Council.
Goal: The fastest way to deliver great government services
- Added further features to FormBuilder.govt tool along with Get and Put APIs that are now in use by NZTE.
- Increased our integration points to allow all interactions with the end user to pass through Business Connect including emails.
- Combined PDF download of application and associated customer-supplied documents.
- Ability for non-technical team members to publish services to the Business Connect platform. No developer involvement or formal release required.
Working on now
- Refining tool to prepare it for users outside the team.
- Creating a dashboard for builders to manage and configure forms including preparing work queues, case type and notification settings so they’re ready for production without any need for development.
- A streamlined and safe process to take prototypes to production outside of a formal release cycle.
- Improving accessibility for FormBuilder.govt forms.
- Entitlement management to allow agencies to log in with their 365 accounts and manage their users.
- Adding the ability to create multilingual services using FormBuilder.govt.
- Enabling services created using FormBuilder that require renewal to fully pre-populate.
- Simplified and integrated version of FormBuilder.govt tool.
- Payments for FormBuilder.govt services.
- The possibility of a SIlverstripe plug-in to allow forms to surface within web pages.
- App to Business Connect.
- Agencies and councils online sign up.
- Enhance user interface for FormBuilder.govt within Business Connect platform.