Business Connect for businesses
Business Connect is an online platform that makes it faster and easier for businesses to deal with government.
How Business Connect works for businesses
As a business, you'll still access government services the same way you always have. When you're ready to make an application or submit a registration, you'll be redirected from the council or agency’s website to log into Business Connect using RealMe.
Once you're logged in, Business Connect will pre-populate the things we already know about you – using information from your New Zealand Business Number, NZ Post and any previous applications you've made in Business Connect.
After you've submitted your application, you'll continue dealing with the agency or council that owns that service.
Dealing with government is faster and easier
- We've designed our forms to be easy to use and understand, reducing frustration and confusion.
- Forms can’t be submitted unless all the information is entered – making it easier to see what needs to be done.
- We use information from authoritative sources such as NZBN, RealMe and NZ Post, reducing the amount of time spent re-entering information we already know.
- A consistent experience across different councils and agencies makes it easier to do business with government.
Track applications and approvals
- Logging into your dashboard will show all your current and past applications – and their current status.
- See approvals and receive messages directly, online.
Smart ways to pay and renew
- Online payment options mean you can do everything in one place – no need to come into the service centre to pay or submit documents.
- Automatic renewal notifications help you stay on track.
- Business Connect saves previous application data to make your next applications quicker.
30% faster for first-time users.*
Up to 80% faster for return customers.*
*Department of Internal Affairs research prototype 2016
Troubleshooting and technical help
If you need help signing up for or using Business Connect, check out our help centre.
For help and support with applications inside Business Connect, please contact the council or agency involved directly.