Available services

See all the services available on Business Connect now – and what we've got coming up soon.

Services available now


Alcohol licence

Businesses can use this form to apply for or renew an alcohol licence (on-licence, off-licence, club licence or special licence) from their local council.

Current providers:

Food business registration

Businesses can use this form to register a new food business or renew a registration if their food business will operate under:

Current providers:

Outdoor dining permit

Hospitality businesses can use this form to apply for permission to have an outdoor dining or entertainment area. This permission can also be linked to an alcohol licence, allowing businesses to serve alcohol outside.

Trade waste consent

Hospitality businesses need a trade waste consent to discharge oil, grease, or other liquid waste in larger than domestic quantities into the council sewer.

Current providers:

Change of duty manager

Hospitality businesses can use this form to notify their local council and Police of any appointments, cancellations, and terminations of duty managers.

Application for waiver or exemption

You can apply to your local licensing committee to request a wavier or exemption under: 

  • Section 137 Special licence application filed within 20 working days of the event to which it relates.
  • Section 213 request for exemption to appoint a nominated person in place of a certificated manager in respect to a special licence.
  • Section 127(2) licence renewal application filed within 20 working days of licence expiry.
  • Section 208 other neglect or omission.

Current providers:

Licence to trade in a public place

You can use this application to apply for a licence to trade in a public place if you are one of the following:

  • Hawker
  • Mobile shop
  • Itinerant trader

Current providers:

Registration of premises

You can use this application to register your business premises under the Health (Registration of Premises) Regulations 1966.

Current providers:

Fog cannon subsidy scheme

If you run a small retail business, you may be eligible for a $4,000 subsidy to get a fog cannon installed. Fog cannons can fill a shop with dense fog in seconds, stopping criminals from seeing what’s going on and preventing further damage or theft.

Importing and exporting

Apply for a deferred payment account

The deferred payment scheme allows you to defer payment of Customs charges.

Deferred accounts for importers(external link) — New Zealand Customs

Secure Export Scheme – Customs New Zealand

The Secure Exports Scheme aims to help more New Zealand businesses build and maintain internationally approved and recognised secure supply chains. The goal of the Secure Exports Scheme is to support New Zealand exporters’ goods to flow through borders with minimal intervention to legitimate trade.

Secure Export Scheme(external link) — New Zealand Customs

Registration of a trademark

Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ)

In partnership with IPONZ, this application form helps businesses and individuals apply for a New Zealand registered trade mark, with step-by-step guidance along the way.

Active Investor Plus

New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE)

In partnership with NZTE this service encourages active investment into private New Zealand businesses which generates more high-skilled jobs and economic growth compared to passive investment.

New Zealand Insolvency and Trustee Service

Liquidation Statement of Affairs

This service is for directors of companies that have been placed into Liquidation with the Insolvency and Trustee Service. The form allows the director to convey the company's position in a transparent manner.

Trading Standards

Accreditation to test weighing and measuring instruments

This service is for new applicants to apply to become accredited by MBIE Trading Standards under the Weights and Measures Act to test weighing and measuring instruments. It is also for existing Accredited Persons to maintain, amend an existing accreditation or add or remove a categories or people.

Product Safety

Product recall

This service is used by suppliers to notify the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment about a voluntary product safety recall under the Fair Trading Act 1986 531A.


Ready application

The New Zealand Peppol Authority (Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment) publishes eInvoicing ready software on the eInvoicing website, this service is an application to be published on that list.

Accident Compensation Corporation

Sensitive claims service – Named service provider application

Use this form to apply to become a Named Service Provider to deliver sensitive claims services to ACC kiritaki.

Sensitive claims service – Supplier application

Use this form to apply to become a supplier of sensitive claims services to ACC kiritaki.

Interested in joining us?

To find out more about how Business Connect can help your council or government agency deliver faster, better online applications, get in touch today.

Contact us

For help and support with applications inside Business Connect, please contact the council or agency involved directly. See our Business Help Centre page to find out how.

Business help centre

Last updated: 03 May 2024