Active Investor Plus, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
In November 2022 Immigration NZ established the Active Investment Plus (AIP) Visa Scheme. New Zealand Trade and Enterprise’s (NZTE) role is to connect New Zealand businesses seeking capital with investor migrants. It does this by designating which are acceptable direct investments for the migrants applying for the scheme.
NZTE’s key objective was to optimise the application process. The team wanted to reduce effort for the business customer, as well as reducing the high levels of manual work, case management and communication required from NZTE staff.
NZTE needed the fast development of an online application for their customers that could be linked with their existing technology. It was the perfect candidate service to pilot with the FormBuilder.govt tool.
The Business Connect team partnered with NZTE to deliver the service in two phases:
- The delivery of the application form and case management system;
- The implementation of APIs that NZTE use to connect their customer relationship management software with Business Connect.
- Efficient service design and technical development delivered a working prototype within four weeks of initial discussions.
- An intuitive, user-friendly application form with help text, data pre-population from APIs such as NZ Post and New Zealand Business Number, and dynamic logic so that applicants only answer questions related to them.
- With the new service launched in May 2023, NZTE expect increased customer satisfaction, and higher-quality applications with average completion rates of 95%.
- This streamlines interactions between applicants and case workers, creates more efficient processes and automates most data entry.
FormBuilder helped us avoid a long procurement process, and ensured confidence in meeting our data and government requirements via MBIE accreditation. Our business clients now have a high-quality, guided customer experiencethat links smoothly with our existing processes and technology.
Claire Hinton, Product Manager, NZTE
Get in touch to find out more about how Business Connect could help your organisation deliver better online services, faster.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.